Monday 25 January 2010

UK... Norway... Hazaa!

Have you ever had God do something for you that you didn't even ask for? I mean completely blow your socks off with His love?

That was my recent trip to the UK and Norway. Everything lined up, I saw so many people I love in just a few days, literally ran into friends on the streets of Bristol, and my heart is overflowing with the fun that was had.

One of the best parts was sharing these two special places with my sister... and getting to go into God's presence together.

On one particular snowy night we were headed back to Wick Court when I saw an old man hobbling down the road. I thought 'oh no you don't' and pulled over to offer him a ride. His car had broken down and he was planning on walking 7 miles back into the city! We had a great chat during the trip, but when it was time to drop him off I mentioned that I noticed he was limping. He said he was in need of a hip replacement and found it quite difficult to walk. Eleanor and I said we would love to pray for God to heal him and give him a new hip. His face lit up and he said, "you know what... a few years ago I really hurt my arm. Then I saw a sign in a shop that said 'healing prayer' so I went it. It was almost completely healed." He was excited for us to pray again. Sure enough... God restored full movement to his arm! Then we prayed for his hip even though he kept insisting that one was too big for God. (!)

He was so touched by our encounter he gave us his email, then walked off to his home. He disappeared too fast for me to see if he was limping, but at least he got a new arm.

The fun of this one was that Eleanor and I did it together... and it was the first time we have teamed up like that.

Stayed tuned as I process the trip and share other stories...

No comments:

Post a Comment