Friday 26 March 2010

Another day at a coffee shop...

Yesterday I was in town meeting a young leader that I disciple. At the store I found a man holding his fingers and in obvious pain. He mainly spoke Kirundi, so I invited him to sit down and tell us what happened. He had just slammed his fingers in a car door. Ouch! (been there myself). We told him that our God heals those in pain and asked if we could pray. He agreed. We prayed. He was healed! Completely able to bend his finger and all the pain was gone. I watched the blood wash back into his finger nails too. So then we were able to share the Gospel with him and tell him that God is personal and cared enough about him to plant us there just as his accident happened. He said he had never considered a relationship with God before, but wanted to know more... so he is coming to my church on Sunday. His name is Jimmy, so please be praying that God touches his heart (after he hears me preach on fasting?!) and wants to know Jesus personally.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Olivia! Just wanted to say I enjoyed meeting you, hearing your sermon on fasting Sunday and your testimony. You are an inspiration and I pray that you continue your work until you see the manifestation of all that you are believing for!!

    -- Arvell
    Gebedo.com

    ReplyDelete